HOME | BOOKS | NEWS | BIO | INTERVIEWS | RESOURCES | GALLERY | MY BLOG | CONTACT

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Inglorious Basterds and 500 Days of Summer

Now there are two titles you don't usually see side by side! What can I say? I like contrast.



Inglorious Basterds was not a movie I expected to like. I'm not a huge Tarantino fan because I usually find his stuff pretty gruesome, but hubby wanted to see it and I'd tortured him with a bunch of bad picks recently, so I owed him one. Turns out, I liked it. There were definitely some gruesome moments that had both of us diving for pillows to hide our eyes, but the suspense was excellent. Lots and lots of tense moments. The acting by Christoph Waltz was mind blowing. He was simply incredible, the perfect villain. In writing they say you need a " worthy protagonist" and he was certainly that. Thank God he won a Golden Globe or I would've thrown something at the TV.



As for 500 Days of Summer. I love movies like this. Clever writing, quirky characters, and something to believe in. A few years ago, I might have hated this movie, or at least cried all the way through it. But now that I'm with my " one" I adore movies that show it really is possible to find your soul mate. You can meet someone who changes how you look at everything--in a good way. And the kid sister in this was just brilliant, very well done!



Okay, that's it for now! No movies tonight, I have another drama in mind. American Idol. Every season I swear I'm going to quit this show, then I'm lured back in by Simon's accent and brazen disregard for people's feelings. I'm really looking forward to seeing Ellen on this, not sure how she'll fare giving musical feedback, but the girl is funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment