HOME | BOOKS | NEWS | BIO | INTERVIEWS | RESOURCES | GALLERY | MY BLOG | CONTACT

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fall On Your Knees

I don't tend to read a lot of literary fiction, but when they are as dark and delicious as this novel, I do. I've been travelling back and forth to Vancouver with my dog so she can get treatment and this book kept me company on the ferry and in the waiting room. I needed to get lost in another world, in someone else's pain, and Fall On Your Knees did the trick.

The characters are wonderful and the language gorgeous. I also loved the historical aspect of it, especially because it never meandered into a history lesson. It just added depth and a richness to the narrative. I appreciate many books, but only a few really make me go, Wow, now there's a writer. If you haven't read this one, I suggest you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment